Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hold on tight cause here we goooooo………….


Hold on tight cause here we goooooo………….

I have obviously watched too much Little Einsteins because anytime we go somewhere or start something that phrase goes through my head….
It is super annoying so I won’t subject you all to the annoying cartoon voices that say it.  I did my weigh in before my official start of the “list year”.  No loss – No gain.  I know I was not at the top of my game this past week so I am okay with that.  Hopefully whatever I did right last week will add up to a nice loss this week to start me off.

Warren and I went to a new restaurant for date night.   Union Fish House, the Boston Globe had done an article on it a few months ago. 
The wait wasn’t too bad especially considering how small the restaurant is and it was raining so no one could be sat outside.  The foo d was good – I had the scallops in the review above – we will probably go back – but it wasn’t spectacular.  It is hard to get excited about Union Fish House when Alma Nove is just steps away with some truly AWESOME food. 
Warren wasn’t feeling well on Sunday after traveling all week so I decided to take Fiona to the Boston Children’s Museum.  I have simultaneously anticipated and dreaded this day since Fiona was  a baby.  While kids love it and it is wonderfully interactive it is also the 9th circle of hell when it comes to crowds, strollers,  and other people’s children.  Don’t get me wrong – I like other people’s children … in theory.  I love my niece, cousins, and friends’ kids, but strangers’ children are generally ick.  Fiona had a great time and loved the museum.  She is already talking about going back!  There was really only 2 instances of parental mismanagement that had me mildly seething.  One was when a child who was about 3 nearly beaned me with a golf ball – despite my sloth-like reflexes I managed to dodge the throw.  No parents to be seen in that instance.  The other was the unsharing/bossy kids in the farm stand on the third floor, dad was texting in the corner – totally oblivious.  (Side Note:  Third floor was virtually deserted, but unfortunately did not hold Fiona’s attention) 

1 thing accomplished - 38 to go!
Sunday afternoon I leaned of the bureau in our room, so officially I am on day 2 of keeping the bureau clear.  Hopefully it continues!!   I know I want my good habit to be a logical morning/evening routine.  Right now what usually happens is I get up take a shower – putz around doing miscellaneous things – lose track of time – scream through the house trying to get everything ready and roar out of the house a few minutes late … dragging an uncooperative, cranky kid. 


I have pictures from the museum that I will try to put up later ….

No comments:

Post a Comment