Monday, August 5, 2013

2 Down - 37 to go!


Sigh …
Well today has been on great big ball of suck!  When I got into work the entire floor was wet, again!   This has happened at least 3 other times – but this time it was the worst.  It normally does not affect the cubes in any way and just gets the hallway all damp and we have to deal with the fan noise all day.  This time it made it to the cubes – everyone who had anything on the ground under their desk – completely saturated.  So today has been a day of mucking out offices and storerooms – getting rid of miles of wet cardboard.  Everything smells like wet dog wrapped in even wetter cardboard – I think that is because so many women keep shoes under their desk, me included. 

I thought I would give a few updates on some list items:
9.   Lose 50 pounds:  I have lost 4 pounds towards my goal of losing 50 pounds this year. 46 more to go!
 
15.  Make something wearable:  I have decided on two projects to make – both of them wearable.  I am going to make Fiona a pillowcase dress.  I bought all the elements this weekend and I hope to get it finished this week.  I also bought some stuff to make some bandanas for Gimli.  We used to have a few that attached to the collar for Wallace – but I want to make Gimli some of his own.

18.  Keep Bureau clear for 1 month:  1 week down – 3 more to go.  I love, love, love having my bureau clear – it gives me such a feeling of order!

19.  Form a good habit:  This effort did not go that well this week, I was able to make notes on what my morning routine should be and I was pleased with the results the first two days – then I forgot I was going to take Gimli to the dog day care and had to run out of the house like a crazy person and never picked it up again.  I will start again tomorrow.  (I would have started today but I couldn’t find my notebook where I wrote everything down.)

27. Explore 10 new restaurants:  This week I went to dinner with two of my friends – instead of the same old stand by we branched out and went to Rang’s Indian in Stoneham, MA.  I like Indian food – but I LOVE their Indian food.  It was so yummy – very tasty pakoras, the bread basket was amazing.  It was a small place so we were lucky to get there when we did because by the time we left there was a line!

33. Send 12 care packages:  I sent one care package out last Friday – but I don’t think my friend has received it yet, so more on that later.

34. Get back to my natural nails:  The acrylics are off.  I had no intention of doing this so early in the “year” – I was going to hold off until after our get away to Miami, or maybe until after Christmas – but then I thought about all the money spent on getting my nails done.  So I took the “nail money” for August and I bought a gel nail care set.  So I have gel on my nails right now, I do count that as natural since I don’t have to grind away at my nails to do this type of manicure.
 

2 Down – 37 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment