Friday, August 30, 2013

Home Again

Back to reality, it was a long week - but it was great to be home with Fiona and Gimli.  I am officially 39 now - so it is time to focus on the list!  I was able to focus on a few items while I was in Miami.

Purposefully exercise while on vacation - since I was in Miami and I needed to do my C25K workout - first thing Saturday morning I hit the hotel gym!  If you are going to exercise - you might as well do so look while looking at this:


We then walked all over South Beach.  On Sunday we hit the beach and the pool and after some laps I walked along the beach path they have in Bal Harbor.  Hopefully I was able to get enough exercise to mitigate some of the damage from the other list item I took seriously this past week.  

Try 10 new restaurants - we certainly ate a lot in Miami!  I had never been there so everything was new! Friday night we stayed at the hotel and ate and the wonderful J & G Grill.  It was a wonderful birthday dinner with some of the best wine and a chocolate lava birthday cake!  Saturday we had lunch at a great Cuban restaurant in South Beach and then we went to a steakhouse called RED,  It was so yummy!!  Sunday we went to an argentinian restaurant for dinner that was okay - but we had so many great meals in a short time that it just paled in comparison!


Send 12 "love" packages - I did change this goal a little bit, after putting together my second care package I started realizing how expensive the care packages were going to be.  So I downgraded them to love packages.  I sent a few of my relatives who are not tech savvy enough to see all pictures we have of Fiona online their own packet of pictures.  The price is much lower than I spent on the other packages I spent but everyone seemed to like them.   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment