Monday, September 16, 2013

Long Time ....


I know - long time no update! 

It was a crazy summer wind up and an even crazier back to school!  This was our first true back to school experience.  It was truly stressful - for me!  I can't believe all of the emotions and stress this has caused me.  I have never been one to be sentimental about milestones but the first day of Kindergarten hit me HARD!

Here are some pictures of her on her first day.





I have made some progress on my list:

12. Finish Christmas project for Kenna  - Done

I chose to make Kenna a sock monkey - like I did for Fiona's 2nd Christmas.  So I got the kit online and spent most of last Saturday stitching and stuffing.  It is done - I even bought it a little outfit to cover up my horrible hand stiching. Pics to come!

14. Take Fiona to Boston Common, Frog Pond and Carousel - Done

Since Fiona and I were on our own this past Sunday we took a little trip up to Boston and went to the carousel and the Frog Pond.  The Frog Pond was closed for the season but it was still a nice little side trip.

15. Make something wearable

Well I did it - I made a dress for Fiona.  It is a pillowcase dress so it was not very involved.  I am not extremely stoked about the way it turned out .....



But I did it and maybe next year when Fiona is a little bigger it will fit her better.


20. Keep work desk clear for 1 month - In Progress  (One more week to go!)

27. Explore 10 new restaurants - 5 down 5 to go

While I was in Cambridge the other night I tried Creme Cafe.  It was a nice little cafe, it had a great grilled cheese sandwich - the sweet potato chips though were thouroughly disgusting.  I know I have plans to visit 2 new restaurants next weekend with my friends.  So looking forward to some yummy yummies there!

29. Plan 10 interactive date nights - 1 done 9 to go

Warren and I had one of the lowest cost interactive date nights ever.  We went to dinner and spent the rest of the night over coffee.  Sure we missed the movie we wantd to see but it was still fun and we just talked and talked.

31. Find an exercise class that fits in with Warren's travel schedule - attend at least once a week.

This task was proving harder and harder - recently our YMCA branch had a water main break that flooded their basement.  They closed until the new building opens in October!  I recently found out that the gym in my building is doing a bootcamp program for 8 weeks.  Since that coincided with this I decided to give it a try.  It starts tomorrow so I am very excited.  and nervous ... and nervous.

33. Send 12 "love" packages - In Progress (6 sent)

I sent two more love packages last week.  Little cards and mementos - one for a friend who recently lost her mom to cancer.  Her mom was such a special lady - and even though I am not close with this person any more I can't imagine what she is going through.  The second was for one of my grandmother's sisters.  I saw her recently after way too long and it was just great to see her and spend time with her - I don't normally get to!  I wanted to let her know I was thinking of her even after she left.

12 down - 27 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment