Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Today is the day!!

This is my new Mantra!   Today is the day.  I have been sporadically working on my list – and less than sporadically working on my weight loss.  So Today is the day to start again, come clean, and make it work!

(BTW – I love Tim Gunn!  He is so sweet, I just  to pick him up and carry him in my pocket!!)
3. Complete the Couch to 5K program - In Progress
Well I have fallen off the Couch to 5K program – much in the same way I have fallen off keeping up with this blog.  I have had a hard time with exercise and eating in the past month with Fiona going to school and Warren traveling so much.  I have been participating in another exercise class – so I hope to get back into this soon.
5. Buy a bike and ride confidently – Done
About a week ago I took what is probably my last bike ride of the season.  I went in a park not far from the house and it was just a perfect ride.  Although Fiona wasn’t with me I was able to put it all together and felt confident.  I/We won’t be doing any street riding at all – strictly parks or trails.  When my father was 18 he lost his younger brother in a bicycle accident, and I know it worries him.  I give him a lot of credit for teaching us all to ride bikes and never letting his nervousness show when we were kids.
19. Form a good habit – Done
Since I had never really been able to put together a morning routine that I could follow – I looked at my other major stressor in the morning.  I had gotten into a bad habit of driving in to work every day.  Not only was this stressful because of traffic and delays and stupid drivers – it was expensive!  So after Fiona started school, I started taking the train again.  It has now been one month – and I have only driven in one time when I needed to bring some bulky items into the office.  I am excited at the extra savings and the extra exercise walking to and from the train station
20. Keep work desk clear for 1 month – Done
I tend to still keep my desk neat – but let’s face it, it will never be clean all the time.
27. Explore 10 new restaurants - 7 down 3 to go
On the last date night, Warren and I went to Steel & Rye, which was voted the best new restaurant on the South Shore. It was super yummy.  It was a very grown up date kind of place – so we are looking forward to going back when we are sans-kid.
31. Find an exercise class that fits in with Warren's travel schedule - attend at least once a week. – Done
So before I mentioned the boot camp class that I had signed up for, well I have been attending TWICE a week.  Actually I LOVE it.  It can be very hard – I mean I am in a class with some serious skinny minnies – WHILE facing an entire wall of mirrors – Yuck!  But I have stuck with it no matter what.  I have a few more weeks to go – but I count it done because I have stuck with it for a whole month.
33. Send 12 "love" packages - In Progress (6 sent)
This past week I sent out two love packages.  One has arrived – it was a necklace to a friend who is going through surgery today!   THINKING OF YOU!!!!!!!!   The second just went in the mail today but it is just a little something for a friend’s little girl.
36. Take mom to a show - Once in Providence on October 5th – Done
We had a great time at Once!  I did not cry again, much to the chagrin of some of my “Broadway friends”.  We were upgraded to the orchestra pit – we were so close we could have touched the actors!  It was great, I prefer the Broadway cast by far – but it was still a great show and a great time. 

17 down!!!!!   22 to go!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment