Saturday, July 13, 2013

What is 39 before 40?

While on vacation this past week I started turning over in my head things I wanted to do before I turn 40. We got home and I started to jot down some of these thoughts I realized I was 39 Days away my 39th birthday. Therefore my 39 things to do before I hit 40 was born - even I can't ignore signs from the universe that are neon and blinking. 

Since I only have a year to get the all these things done this won't be the pie-in-the-sky bucket list a la Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman.  

Although I would love to see the seven wonders of the world this year, I have neither the money nor the vacation time to travel the world. I want to focus on things that I have always wanted to do but I was always too .... Something.  Whether it was too lazy, too busy, to afraid or too fat - I am not waiting anymore. I want to step into what I hope is the next 40 years without all these excuses that I have been using for so long. Already this year I have started changing things that have dragged me down for so long - I have lost over 30 pounds and have less than 100 to go. 

This last week of vacation has shown me though that my old habits are still right under the surface waiting until I let my guard down.  The next 39 days I am going to be planning and creating my list of 39 things to do and accomplish this year. 

So far:

1.    Go vegetarian for 1 week
2.    Get rid of all personal credit card debt
3.    Run an official 5k
4.    Buy a bike and ride confidently
5.    Get a tattoo
6.    Lose 50 pounds
7.    Take Fiona on a horse/pony ride
8.    Got to dentist
9.    Lose 50 pounds. 
10.  Finish Christmas stockings
11.  Finish a needlepoint for mom
12.  Complete Christmas project for Kenna

I have some work to do to finish out my list, but there is my start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment